Welcome to the first Chart Data Fan Vote! Despite this being a crazy year, 2020 has afforded us some great music and exciting chart battles week after week. To celebrate all of the amazing music that has come our way this year, @chartdata will be organizing a top 50 countdown of the most liked songs of 2020. The top 50 will be determined by @chartdata readers and follow the following ranking system:
- Your #1 favorite song of 2020 will be awarded 5 points
- Your #2 favorite song of 2020 will be awarded 4 points
- Your #3 favorite song of 2020 will be awarded 3 points
- Your #4 favorite song of 2020 will be awarded 2 points
- Your #5 favorite song of 2020 will be awarded 1 point
A couple of rules will be put in place in order to make sure that the vote is somewhat balanced. If you do not follow the rules, your vote will be tossed from the final tally.
- You can only vote once per day now through the end of the voting period. You must enter your Twitter handle to vote.
- Only three entries per artist in the top 50. In order to prevent any one artist from dominating the ranking, only the top three songs for a given artist will be allowed to chart. Two as a main artist plus one additional song as a featured artist.
- Songs must be from 2020. Nominated songs must be released in late 2019 or 2020. Exceptions include noteworthy songs from the past that have performed uncharacteristically well/become part of mainstream culture in 2020. An example of an older song that could chart is “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac.
- Only list the main artist when voting. Example of what to type in: We Found Love by Rihanna. DO NOT TYPE IN either of these: We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) by Rihanna or We Found Love by Rihanna Feat. Calvin Harris
Voting will end on December 18th at 9PM EST. Songs released through this date are eligible. Results will be released starting December 19th. A more in depth analysis of the results will appear on chartdata.org once the nomination period is over.
Get started with voting below. If you are having trouble voting while in the Twitter application, open in Safari, Chrome or another web browser.