A look at the set’s record breaking (or tying) achievements on the United States charts.
Now two weeks out from the release of Drake’s latest full length album ‘Scorpion’, here’s a recap of its biggest accomplishments:
- Debuted at #1 on Billboard 200 with 732,000 units.
- Fourth largest debut of the SPS era (the second biggest Drake debut behind ‘Views’).
- 160,000 pure copies sold (US).
- Fastest album to be certified RIAA Platinum this year (on release day).
- Already eligible for RIAA 2x Platinum.
- Over 2 billion streams on Spotify globally
- Lead single “God’s Plan” is the top certified single by the RIAA in 2018 (8x Platinum)
- Expected to remain at #1 on the Billboard 200 with a higher second week tally than his previous studio album ‘Views’.
- 9 of the top 10 on the global Spotify chart for the week ending July 5.
- “Nice For What” is the first track with four visits to the Hot 100’s top spot.
- 170 million global streams for ‘Scorpion’ on Apple Music in its first 24 hours, the most streams in a day on any single service.
- ‘Scorpion’ had the biggest opening day for album on US Spotify with over 80.5 million.
- ‘Scorpion’ broke the single week US streaming record in three days, finishing at a record 746 million by the end of the first week.
- Drake placed a record 27 songs on the Hot 100 for the week ending July 14.
- A record breaking 25 songs from a single album on the Hot 100 for the week ending July 14 (‘Scorpion’, surpassing ‘More Life’).
- “Nonstop” became Drake’s record extending sixth #1 on the Streaming Songs chart (58.6 million US streams).
- Drake became the first artist in Hot 100 history to debut multiple songs in the top 10 simultaneously twice in a calendar year. He has done it three times altogether while Ed Sheeran and J. Cole are the only other artists to have ever achieved multiple top 10 debuts simultaneously (once each).
‘Scorpion’ is the first album with 7 top 10 hits this century (since Janet Jackson’s ‘Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814’).
- Drake surpasses Taylor Swift as the artist with the most Hot 100 top 10 debuts (16).
- Drake is the first artist in Hot 100 history to debut four songs in the top 10 simultaneously.
Fastest accumulation of 30 Hot 100 top 10s among solo artists (9 years and 1 week and 3 days). Second overall behind The Beatles.
- Drake is the artist with the most simultaneous top 20 hits on the Billboard 200 (12).
- Drake passes Elvis Presley as the artist with the most Hot 100 top 40 hits.
- ‘Scorpion’ is the first album to garner 1 billion global streams in a single week.
- Drake ties The Beatles for the most Hot 100 top 10 hits in a single calendar year (11 each; 1964 and 2018).
- Drake ties Rihanna for the most Hot 100 top 10 singles among artists debuting this century (31 each; third most overall).
- Drake and Michael Jackson are the first male solo artists in Hot 100 history to accumulate 30 top 10 hits.
- Drake ties Kanye West, Eminem and The Beatles as the artists with the most consecutive #1 albums on the Billboard 200 (8 each).
- Tied for most #1 debuts from a single album (2; with Mariah Carey’s ‘Daydream’).
Others that were missed? Feel free to leave a comment or direct message on Twitter.