Here’s a quick rundown of the top 25 best selling albums of the year in the US through the week ending November 5, 2020. Note: This list is based on pure album sales only, meaning no streaming is counted.
25. THE ALBUM by BLACKPINK
Top selling album by a female group.
24. What You See Is What You Get by Luke Combs
23. Lover by Taylor Swift
First of two entries by Taylor Swift. She’s the only artist with two albums in the top 25.
22. Abbey Road by The Beatles
21. The Slow Rush by Tame Impala
20. Ordinary Man by Ozzy Osbourne
19. Greatest Hits I by Queen
18. Circles by Mac Miller
17. Legend by Bob Marley & the Wailers
Best selling greatest hits album.
16. CALM by 5 Seconds of Summer
15. Frozen 2 Soundtrack by Various Artists
14. Hamilton Original Broadway Cast Recording
Top selling various artist album.
13. No Pressure by Logic
12. Changes by Justin Bieber
11. Music to Be Murdered By by Eminem
10. Neo Zone: The 2nd Album/Final Round by NCT 127
9. Here and Now by Kenny Chesney
Top selling country album.
8. WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? by Billie Eilish
7. Fine Line by Harry Styles
Top selling album not released in 2020.
6. MANIC by Halsey
5. Legends Never Die by Juice WRLD
Top selling hip-hop/rap album and top selling posthumous album.
4. Chromatica by Lady Gaga
3. After Hours by The Weeknd
Top selling album by a male soloist.
2. MAP OF THE SOUL: 7 by BTS
Top selling foreign language album and top selling album by a group. One of two albums to sell over 500,000 copies.
1. folklore by Taylor Swift
Only album to sell over 1 million copies in 2020.