With the release of his new blockbuster album ‘Scorpion’, Drake made some serious dents in the Hot 100 record books on the chart dated July 14.
Among those records was one set by the album’s second single “Nice For What”, which was initially overlooked by much of the reporting world.
As the song charged back to the top slot for an eighth week, “Nice For What” became the first track in Hot 100 history to make four visits to the pinnacle position.
Previously, six other songs had topped the chart on three occasions each:
- Chic – Le Freak (1978-1979; six total weeks)
- Leona Lewis – Bleeding Love (2008; four total weeks)
- T.I. – Whatever You Like (2008; seven total weeks)
- T.I. – Live Your Life (2008; six total weeks)
- Bruno Mars – Grenade (2011; four total weeks)
- The Weeknd – Can’t Feel My Face (2015; three total weeks)